Coconut oil is something that everyone should have at home, and I really mean it! To me, it’s a holy-grail product and a staple. I can’t live without it. So today, I just wanted to share different uses for coconut oil, because cooking is only a small part of it.
- Healthy alternative cooking oil – it makes everything taste better and can also be used for baking.
- A perfect moisturiser for your face and body.
- Good for dry hair ends.
- Alternative to lip balm.
- Oil pulling (directions: take a tablespoon of coconut oil, let it melt and swish it around in your mouth first thing in the morning for about 10 to 15 minutes). Oil pulling has a lot of good benefits for you. It can whiten teeth, helps with bad breath, improves sleep quality, detoxifies the body, strengthens gums, and so much more. For first timers, I would recommend you to take it step by step, starting for five minutes and trying longer and longer each time until you reach the 15 minutes. It’s an easy thing to do while you check your phone, emails and even while you are choosing your outfit.
- Natural makeup remover. Very gentle on the skin, thanks to the absence of harsh chemicals usually found in makeup removers (rub a small amount of coconut oil on your face and your makeup will magically be removed, then wash your face)
- Toothpaste : some people like to use coconut oil part of a toothpaste (recipe : in a small jar, combine two tbsp of coconut oil, one tbsp of baking soda and 10 drops of peppermint oil, stir it all together and voilà!)
- Create a simple body scrub with it. Just add some coconut sugar (normal sugar will also work) or even coffee grounds to create the perfect scrub while moisturising your skin.
There are many more ways that you can use this goodness but these are just a useful sample.
Until next time,